Tehran Dismisses Reports on Forthcoming Resumption of JCPOA Talks

The spokesperson for the Iranian Foreign Ministry dismissed reports that a new round of talks on the revival of the nuclear deal.

Speaking on Sunday night, Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Saeed Khatibzadeh provided an explanation of the remarks that Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian had made in a meeting with a group of lawmakers earlier in the day.

Dismissing the wrong conclusion that Iran and the nuclear deal parties will begin a new round of talks in the coming days, Khatibzadeh said Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Ali Baqeri will travel to Brussels for talks with Deputy Secretary General of the European External Action Service for Political Affairs Enrique Mora.

He said Baqeri and Mora will continue negotiations in Belgium according to what they had agreed on during the recent talks in Tehran.

On Sunday, an Iranian lawmaker said Tehran is going to resume the nuclear talks in a few days in accordance with the Parliament’s ‘Strategic Action’ on lifting the sanctions and safeguarding national interests.

A new round of talks to revive the nuclear agreement, officially known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), began in Vienna in April between Iran and the remaining members of the nuclear deal, namely the UK, France, Russia and China plus Germany.

There was a hiatus in the nuclear talks after the new Iranian administration took office in August.

Last week, Amir Abdollahian said the Iranian administration would finalize decisions on the resumption of the Vienna talks about the JCPOA in the near future.

 

مواضيع ذات صلة
مواضيع ذات صلة
مواضيع ذات صلة
Related articles